Friday 21 October 2016

Bristol Cider Shop Launch

Last week I was fortunate to attend the launch of Bristol Cider Shop* in their brand new premises at the new Cargo development at Wapping Wharf.
Previously occupying their former shop on Christmas Steps since 2010, Bristol Cider Shop will now not only be selling their award winning, locally produced cider and perry but will now focus on food too. With the emphasis on food pairing and locally sourced produce. 
Working with their new neighbours, Lovett Pies, they aim to create their own pork and cider pie range. The new Shop also features a cider cafĂ©, serving Cider related food by day and cider tasting in the evenings. 

With private tasting parties becoming increasingly popular, Bristol Cider Shop will now be able to cater tastings for groups up to 20 people at the very reasonable price of £20 per person. This includes 10 award winning ciders, Somerset Cider Brandy plus bread and cheese. I've already registered! 

It was so great to not only hear what was in the pipeline for The Bristol Cider Shop but also to meet
the producer of a particular cider I was drinking!
Certainly a new firm favourite of mine


 

I got to sample some amazing cheese such as Buffalo Gouda, Devon Blue and Ogalshield, local breads and Bishopston Supper Club chutneys and of course plenty of great ciders but by far my favourite was my first mulled cider of the year. Paired with a wee little gingerbread man, I was instantly put in the festive mood. I had no clue that the two went together so perfectly!

 

Thank you to Pete, Seb and the rest of the team for a wonderful evening and I'll be in to see you all soon x

*The shop was named the UK’s Independent Cider Retailer of the Year at the Drinks Retailing Awards 2015.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment