Saturday 15 April 2017

Yours Store Opening In Yate

Last week I got to pop down to my local shopping centre, West Walk in Yate and cover the opening of their brand new Yours store. 
Getting an email from head office asking if I'd like to cut the ribbon and give style advice to their competition winner was such a surprise to me that I had to re-read it over and over until it sunk in. No big deal to some bigger, well known bloggers, but for me, felt it was a pretty big deal and such a great opportunity. I mean, in my eyes, my blog is pretty small and basic and I often doubt its potential or impact. 

I arrived early to find customers eagerly awaiting the opening and once we were almost ready, a queue grew quickly, spreading down the length of the shopping centre, attracting much attention from other shoppers. 

 

Now as you know, I suffer with anxiety and this did affect me on the day. I had to arrive an hour early in order for me to calm my nerves and as I struggle in social situations, had to really push myself to let my confidence shine through the nerves. Once I was there and chatting to customers, my anxiety soon eased. 
I decided to let the first customer in the queue to cut the ribbon, the lovely Stacey. 

 


 
  One lucky customer who received a £50 voucher in her goody bag 

 
  Competition winner with her £100 gift card 


I got to chat to local press about the store, current fashion trends and a little about my blog. 
It was so lovely to see customers so excited to be able to try on clothes for their size. With no other plus size retailers in the area, Yours was eagerly anticipated and the feedback from customers was so positive. 

You can read more about the opening on the Yours blog 
here

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment